Posted to sci.electronics.repair
fl

Default Problem with electric oven temperature control

Hi,
The baking part of my electric oven is out of temperature control. That
is, the temperature is always higher than I set. I find the temperature
sensor on the back of the oven does not hold rigidly. Today, I
unscrewed the four screws of an iron plat in the back of the oven. I
found the thick copper wire from the sensor was loose. And the wire is
a single one, there is a quite some length bare copper wire in a bundle
before the last covered green plastic. I wonder the stick sensor just
conduct temperature, not electrical signal?
The upper four coils work fine. What's the problem with the baking
temperature control?
I did not find the content in the website of
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/

Thanks in advance