Vaughn

Default R15 (old) Car Freon Cans (1-2)

"David A. Webb" wrote in message
You need the license to purchase R12, and to service any R12 system.

...For Consideration. I see no prohibition if you are working on your
own vehicles.

OK, you made me go back to the book. Please note the below excerpt
from EPA regulations: http://www.epa.gov/oar/caa/caa609.txt and please
feel free to correct me (with verified facts and links please) if I am
wrong. We are only talking about US government regulation, state and local
regulations may be more stringent, the regulations of other countries such
as Canada WILL be different.
Be sure to note the words "For Consideration" (that means that someone
is paying you).

(c) Servicing Motor Vehicle Air Conditioners.- Effective
January 1, 1992, no person repairing or servicing motor vehicles
for consideration may perform any service on a motor vehicle air
conditioner involving the refrigerant for such air conditioner
without properly using approved refrigerant recycling equipment
and no such person may perform such service unless such person
has been properly trained and certified. The requirements of the
previous sentence shall not apply until January 1, 1993 in the
case of a person repairing or servicing motor vehicles for
consideration at an entity which performed service on fewer than
100 motor vehicle air conditioners during calendar year 1990 and
if such person so certifies, pursuant to subsection (d)(2), to
the Administrator by Janu- ary 1, 1992.
(d) Certification.- (1) Effective 2 years after the enactment
of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, each person performing
service on motor vehicle air conditioners for consideration shall
certify to the Administrator either-
(A) that such person has acquired, and is properly using,
approved refrigerant recycling equipment in service on motor
vehicle air conditioners involving refrigerant and that each
individual authorized by such person to perform such service
is properly trained and certified;

Regards;
Vaughn

There are pretty strict guidelines.

Not so strict actually, unless you are in the business.

You do not need a license to sell it. But the seller must obtain the
license number from the buyer.

You do not need a license to buy, sell, or service R134a.

Dave