Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Default OT but metal content: They do exist ...

Hi,

just wanted to share what happened today:

Went out of OA gas, so I packed the bottles into the car and drove to my
gas dealer.
Closed! Nada! Nix! He gave up. :-(
Now I have private bottles, that had not my name stamed into, but the
name of someone else. That's because I just swapped them at my gas
dealer when I had no time to wait two weeks to get them back filled.
SH*T!

OK, where is the next dealer? Think ... think ... think. No idea.
I went into a Wienerwald (a chain making chicken). I asked the lady
behind the give-away counter to lend me the yellow pages. I looked in it
but there was no dealer close. Seems I looked disappointed.
So the lady asked me what I was looking for. I thought for a second how
I can explain it and was waiting for a ... um ... "decent" answer.
"Welding gas!", I sayd.
"Oh, MIG-gas!?"
UH!! "No, acetylen and oxygen". Now I expected (as I was already _quite_
astonished) that she would name me the dealer close to.
No, she sayd: "I always used to buy it at description".
1.) That was quite near.
2.) Never have seen that dealer
3.) She sayd "I always used".
Guess I was looking quite stupid to get such an answer.
Then she sayd, that she is _now_ buying the Corgon (that's a brand name
for mix gas) at a different place.

I must have been looking more stupid.
Then I explained here the thing with my property bottles, and she sayd,
that this dealer will make not hussles, as long they are not stamped
with "Linde".

***Bafff***
That lady ('bout 30 old, not the nicest one but far from being ugly) is
telling me where to get OA gas and knows how the dealer will handle my
private bottles!

They do exist, good wimen. Even if they are disguised as chicken
grillers.

PS:
That gas dealer (and welding equipment) made no problems and off I went
with two filled bottles and a shop I will revisit, because it is much
closer than the one I used to go to get welding stuff.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de