Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Leigh Menconi

Default Kenmore Appliances

"cover" wrote in message
I purchased a Kenmore Elite model 110-24962300 clothes washing machine
a while back and for some reason, it appears to be leaking at the
front of the unit. We were a bit dismayed to discover that we can't
get a repair person here until Dec 30 and very much irritated to be
experiencing this failure right on the heels of that of our new
Kenmore refrigerator this past summer where we lost a couple of
hundred dollars in food. I personally have had it with Kenmore and
absolutely will not purchase another appliance from Sears in this
lifetime given their sudden failure rate and poor service and that
said from a lifelong Kenmore appliance user.

Off of venting mode, I cannot see how the front of this unit comes
off. My last Kenmore washer was pretty simple - 2 screws and off the
front came. This unit is somewhat of a 'wraparound' albeit with no
fasteners of any kind anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with
one of these wraparound units or better yet, this model in particular
who may be able to tell me how to at least get the front cover off
without tearing up the unit aesthetically?

thanks,
Chris

I've looked up parts & services manuals online. If it's a newer model, it's
bound to be there somewhere in PDF form.

Leigh in raLeigh