Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw

Default NB-making small things on big machines

everyman wrote:
I broke my ankle and had a halo (metal content) but wasn't allowed to walk
on it for 3 weeks. I'd missed my kung fu classes for two weeks and couldn't
take it any longer so I rode my bike to class. It was the right ankle so I
could shift just no rear brake. Crutches crossways across the handlebars. Of

I did something pretty similar about 3 yrs ago. I had been on
crutches for about 6wks(w/ at least another 12 to go). I was going so
stir crazy I had to get out. Since I couldn't drive a vehicle(hard to
run the gas pedal in a full leg cast), I took the bike. Getting on/off
was a little tricky, but it sure felt good to get out a little.

Never bothered to tell the doctor(or my wife for that matter).

JW