Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default House Lights Flickering?

The Wanderer wrote:
Also do a little detective work
yourself. If you're in a wholly residential area there's unlikely to be
anything obvious, but if you live near workshops, industrial units, it's
worth doing a little discrete snooping, see if you can find out what they
do.

If there is a bank nearby, it's obvious someone is trying to tunnel into
the safe. Check for small earth tremors...

I seem to remember back in the late seventies when we had electrical
workers out on strike, that they would make the lights briefly flicker
before cutting the power completely. Thought that was courteous....

--
Adrian C