Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default ~~~~low flow....toilet problems

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:58:26 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

Our plumber has suggested that it is because the aging pipes in our old
farmhouse are shifting away from their original vertical position in the
walls.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just a thought. Old plumbing was designed for high flow toilets. Is it possible
that long term low flows has allowed debris to settle, partially blocking the
drain. It might be interesting to dump a couple 5 gallon buckets of water
quickly down the toilet and see if that helps.

Sounds good.

I can't think of any reason why old pipes would suddenly decide to shift position
unless there was water damage or an earthquake or something.

I can't imagine the pipes would be far from vertical unless the house
was falling over.

5 or 10 degrees isn't going to matter, even if it could happen.

Bob

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.