Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Temporary Loss of Hot Water Pressure

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:37:19 -0700, "CJ" wrote:

Maybe there was a bit of ice in the cold water feed?

--

The cold water pressure has remained constant the whole time. How would a
bit of ice get in the cold water feed?

The ice doesn't "get in". There is water in there, and when it gets
cold enough, it turns to ice.

Sorry to seem so stupid, but I have
lived in the desert for 5 years and moved to the mountains late this spring.

Do I have to run the water to keep it from freezing or can I drip both the
hot and cold water to prevent freezing.

Wouldn't hurt, at least tonight until you have this all figured out.

My incoming water is underground and never freezes. Once in the house
it won't freeze unless the house gets too cold.

I've only let it drip once, when I was going to Texas in the winter,
and I was almost out of oil, and fighting with my oil company.

I was leaving the next day, so I went to anotehr company, gave them my
credit card and told them to fill me up. They said they would. But,
on principle, that doens't prove they will. So I left it dripping.

When I got back the place was warm enough, but I ran out of oil a week
later. They had never come, and never called. The credit card was
good, and they lost a sale. I did the right thing by not assuming
they would come as agreed and by letting the faucet(s?) drip.

I meant to call and complain but didn't get around to it.

P&M reply to newsgroup

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.