jim

Default R12 (old) Car Freon Cans (1-2)

Fred McClellan wrote:

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 03:26:12 GMT, k7kkg wrote:

There's a legal replacement for R 12 other thna 134a,
it doesn't require any sort of conversion.
Info: http://www.freeze12.com/

Do yourself a favor and read the MSDS for that stuff first.

We looked at Freeze12 and several other 'drop-in replacements' for
R-12. None were acceptable to us because of notably increased health
hazards and/or flammability.

Cheers,
Fred McClellan
the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

i looked at it also and figured that it was not a replacement for R-12,
but was filling in the space that the R-12 should have been in... it
seems to me to be propane or something... i remember an old guy who knew
just about everything at work(if you had a question, someone would
always say just ask Ralph).. he told me that he was short on some R-12
and had some propane and replaced it in the car and the a/c worked
fine... also in my state(motor vehicle section) there is a law about
having flamables in the a/c system... most states if not all probably
have the same thing....not many people would know about it, but a lawyer
with a complete listing of all motor vehicle laws would have it......
most people would only be concerned with red lights, stop signs, who has
the right of way at a four way stop, etc.. but they also list the
equipment regulations...