Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Default Cross Grain Glueing on Small Boxes

Tom H wrote:
I haven't made many small wooden boxes (ie., Recipe Boxes, Jewelry Boxes
etc.)
I am starting a jewelry box for my daughter.
I can't see anyway of not glueing the lid top to the four lid sides without
glueing across the grain.
Can someone tell me the rule here.

May I be so bold as to suggest Box Making basics out of this group?
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...98&cat=1,46096

I have adapted a few of his designs to my needs. He covers the basics --
and the complexities -- very well.

It really is quite good. Without knowing your intended construction
style it is a little tough to make a suggestion.

If this book or another good one doesn't answer your questions in a few
minutes -- I'll eat the front cover -- as long as I can add salt and pepper.

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art