Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Default Rogers News Groups

Christian wrote:
Rogers news groups turns off in a few hours.

Hein... where did you hear this??? This really suck if it's for real...

Christian

They sent us an email two weeks ago...

-----------
Please be advised that Rogers is discontinuing its Usenet service as of
December 15, 2005.

Internet technology is constantly changing. Usenet was one of the
earliest forms of user discussion on the Internet, but today has largely
been replaced by blogs, instant messaging, personal web pages and other
tools. As a result, fewer and fewer people are accessing Usenet.

Therefore, Rogers has decided to stop providing Usenet service to Rogers
Yahoo! customers.

Alternatives

To stay at the leading edge of new technology, we’ve introduced new and
better ways to communicate – all available at no additional charge to
Rogers Yahoo! customers:

Instant messaging

http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/

Groups

Personal web pages

http://ca.geocities.yahoo.com/

Blogs

http://360.yahoo.com/

Photos

http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/

Customers with a continuing desire to read or post Usenet text messages
or who wish to access Usenet binary groups can subscribe to third-party
Usenet service providers such as Giganews (our supplier up until the
point when we discontinue Usenet) who offer a full Usenet service on a
paid basis: http://www.giganews.com/

Once again, thank you for your loyalty to Rogers and your continued
business.

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art