Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Choosing/using router bits to dado/rabbet and groove for/into under/nominal sized plywood??

You are confusing tolerance (allowable variation from the ideal) with
designed fit. They are not interchangeable though they each have a bearing
on the other.

"Odinn" wrote in message
On 12/13/2005 9:53 PM CW mumbled something about the following:
You'd loose that bet. You'd be surprised at how sloppy most of the
tolerences of aircraft parts are. +- .030 is common.
"bent" wrote in message
I bet you the entire combined tolerance of the 75, 000
thousand machined parts in a Stealth fighter is less than that.

Especially on a stealth plane such as the SR-71 Blackbird. The
component parts of the Blackbird fit very loosely together to allow for
expansion at high temperatures. At rest on the ground, fuel leaks out
constantly, since the tanks in the fuselage and wings only seal at
operating temperatures.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net