Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

Default Heat your house with corn?

jw wrote:

Not really. This guy annoys me. Which I am sure is his intention.

FWIW: I think heating with corn is an excellent idea. It is a
renewable resource. It would help correct the screwed up supply and
demand curve for US ag products. It has a high energy content, with
minimal resulting waste product. etc etc.

JW

RS replied. Not intelligently. Not suprisingly.

FWIW; I tend to disagree about the corn. It is renewable, but
generally only with the expense of a large amount of non-renewable
resources. Corn takes oil to cultivate and plow, fertilize and apply
pesticides (generally they are petroleum-based as well). I sstrongly
suspect that there is a net energy loss in the use of corn as a fuel.
Archer-Daniels-Midland seems to be the biggest pusher of corn for
non-food uses; but that's the business they are in. Very heavily
subsidized.