Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default what are these ground pipes?

Rick wrote:

"Russ" wrote in message
oups.com...

There is a basement but they are not near any basement windows. They
look like some sort of utility pipe. They are not decorative at all.
The house was built in 1949. I don't think it's for a flower box.

One

of them is above the water line and one on the side is near the

natural

gas meter. The other is near nothing. Hitching post, rodent chin ups

or

boot scrapers? Hmmm, great ideas but I don't think it would work

well

for those either . Hopefully I can rule out an underground oil

tank.

That was my main concern. More ideas?

They nmay have been there to protect utility meters and lines that
were originally there from dmage from mowers, etc...

Oops, I see you got there first.