Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Generator

Huh? Are you addressing me? I suspect not because I have NO
idea what you're talking about! ;-). Unless I got really mixed
up, I haven't even seen a UPS mentioned in this thread.

Pop

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Errrr... Your having flashbacks to the old days...
:
: Most modern UPS's either use a stepped wave (cheap ones)
: or the more expensive units do make a sine wave. These
: sine waves can be cleaner than what you get out of the
: power grid.
:
: Think about it... The square wave would be a problem with
: transformers... In modern computers they ALL use transformers
: to convert the power down to 5v and 12v. They dont make UPS's
: blow up computers, but to save them from power spikes and
: voltage dropouts. One side you can look at though is that
: square sine waves do their damage over the long periods of
time.
: Almost any UPS can work well for a little while.
:
: This makes me want to look at my APC ups now.... Geeez
: