Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Removing black mildew from tile grout/caulk in shower

wrote:
What's the best way to remove the black mildew stains from the grout &
caulking of a tile shower area? Tried bleach, helped but not
entirely. Stores only seem to carry products for soap scum & hard
water (lime away, CLR, etc).

TIA

Rick

If the bleach did not do it, then I suggest you may need to use some of
that soap and hard water build product(s) to eliminate any deposits first.
Then use the bleach. The bleach does work, but it may call for more than
one treatment and does call for some scrubbing after to remove what remains.
I also suggest that you may want to seal the grout after you get it clean.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit