Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hines

Default Cement Board Underlayment Question

"Mak Wilson" wrote:

I busted it up something awful. Even if I had wanted to save it, I
don't know how I would have gotten it down the steps or even through
the door. I put the pieces in 4 or 5 heavy duty garbage bags and the
garbage man refused to take them because they were too heavy.

I don't know where you live, but around me, there are "scavengers" who
come around garbage day, and pick up heavy recyclables like metal off to
the scrap yard.

They get paid by the pound, instead of having to pay by the pound.