Vaughn

Default R15 (old) Car Freon Cans (1-2)

"lcoe" wrote in message
news:6_hXa.41418$Oz4.11990@rwcrnsc54...

of course you have a license, right?

There is a bunch of misinformation out there about this (and this could
be some of it). As I recall, you do not need a license to do your own
personal AC work and it is legal to possess, buy and sell NOS (new-old
stock) F12. That said, it is likely that no commercial establishment will
sell you AC materials without at least an EPA license, (which is not
difficult to get via the Internet http://www.epatest.com/e_609cert.html ).
You can easily hurt yourself working with refrigerants if you do not have
the proper equipment and/or know what you are doing. There may be some
more-stringent state and local regulation around, I am only talking about
federal regulation.

Sorry for the double post.

Vaughn