Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal

Default Chinese Oak plywood at Home Despot???

Brian Elfert writes:
"DonkeyHody" writes:

Our previous scoutmaster made some very well-designed patrol boxes that
aren't tooo heavy to hold cooking and eating utensils. These boxes I'm
working on will hold a camp stove, a lantern, a dining fly and a dutch
oven, each in its own compartment. Yes, they are heavy when loaded,
but I included enough handles so 4 boys can carry it like a coffin.
Or, two of the older ones can carry it. The handles are really just
handholds cut into the sides of the box so they don't protrude. All
the gear a patrol needs will be in two boxes instead of having them
scrambling around gathering gear when we are trying to set up camp in
the dark.

This is a really good idea. Our troop has to dig out lanterns, stoves,
and the like in the dark most of the time.

We may be getting a new trailer and I will recommend we try this with the
new trailer.

Trailer? Trailer?? What kind of scout troop packs stuff in on a trailer?

I suppose you have cots, too?

In our 77 miles/ 7 days at Philmont we packed everything on our backs.

scott (a bit tongue-in-cheek)