Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal

Default Chinese Oak plywood at Home Despot???

Wes Stewart writes:

Recently my wife sent me to the grocery store with a wad of coupons.
One was for some brand name canned (in a jar actually) peaches. So I
grab a jar and while I'm trying to figure out whether the dollar off
on the high-priced jar is a better deal that the cheaper house brand
can, I happen to look at the label and see, "A product of Thailand."
I put it back.

And I thought that the main cash crop in Thailand was opium.

Actually, I believe it is prawns. They also produce a large
fraction of the canned mandarins. Not to mention some tasty
combinations of spices and unusual sauces; pad thai gee anyone?

Per the CIA world factbook, they are considered a minor producer
of opium.

The bulk of the worlds opium is produced from poppies grown
in Afghanistan ( 70% by some estimates).

scott