Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce H

Default Sony KV-T25SZ8 TV problem

Agreed. I have found that in a SMPS that a power surge can take out
ceramic disc caps in the power supply. Sometimes they are hard to see as
they don't fail like electrolytics.

Bruce

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Yes trouble shoot the SMPS section first.

kip
"David" wrote in message
m...
Hi All,

I'm about to start working on the above model - apparently it stopped
working after a lightning storm. The tv has no standby lights, but you
can
hear it momentarily "thump" when the power point is first turned on. I'm
guessing that the main capacitor is still charging - the fuse is still
intact.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start first. I'm guessing I'll
have
to get a manual to start tracing.

David