Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Chinese Oak plywood at Home Despot???

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

Thank you Sir but I too have a 6"er.... jointer that is. I know you have
longer in feed and was wondering how long of a board you can comfortable

or
successfully flatten or straighten.

Sorry I neglected your question. I rarely go over 4', but, in
recollection,
have done 75" +/- successfully with the PM 54a (the trestle table in the
kitchen comes to mind, which is 72" after trimming the ends).

Can't recall even trying anything longer.

Great, Just the answer I was looking for. I have an old Ryobi AP-10 planer
that still works but I want a larger faster planer. I do have the need to
flatten long boards now and was wondering if I should upgrade my jointer
first. I have decent results with 4-5' boards also. Since it looks like
it would be "iffy" for 8' boards I think I will pursue the sled to flatten
boards with a larger planer.