Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Chinese Oak plywood at Home Despot???

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

Thank you Sir but I too have a 6"er.... jointer that is. I know you have
longer in feed and was wondering how long of a board you can comfortable

or
successfully flatten or straighten.

Sorry I neglected your question. I rarely go over 4', but, in
recollection,
have done 75" +/- successfully with the PM 54a (the trestle table in the
kitchen comes to mind, which is 72" after trimming the ends).

Can't recall even trying anything longer.

I've done a couple doors, standard 80", on a DJ20. It works, but I wouldn't
try it on a smaller machine, and it is better done with an auxiliary tall
fence on the DJ20 to help with door width, and once the door starts, you've
got pretty fair balance, but have to pay a LOT of attention.