Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Reid

Default calculating total load on fuse box

Following up to The Reid

1. What is the view on a ring main junction box for a spur
mounted on the wall near the fusebox rather than under the floor
(i need to free up the fuse the freezer is using) I really don't
fancy ripping up the floor to add a spur, alternatively I could
utilise the (repositioned) 13A supply to the old gas cooker with
a long cable, bit naff. but it would work.

more I think about it, less I like the idea of something
unconventional, like that. Using the 13A cooker point is a more
conventional solution and with wiring, unconventional may be a
danger to those who come after. An extension cable goes with me
and poses no risk of confusion to others. Its going to be easier
than breaking into the ring anyway.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site