Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default duct booster fans

TURTLE wrote:

Tim wrote:

turtle posted:

i'm in the HVAC business and will say rarely will i ever see a fan

booster fan ever work out.

I have heard that frequently, and between that and reports of too much
noise I was hesitant to go for this solution. The cost of replacing a
long section of duct with 12x10 or larger was prohibitive, so I figured
I would give the booster fan a try.

Part of my problem is that between the furnace in the basement and the
duct upstairs, my duct makes a total of (count them) 8 90 degree turns.
Trying to make this into a straighter shot would be pretty difficult.

This is Turtle.

For every 90 degree elbow you put in a duct work, it restricks 1/27 th
of the air moving through it. Put 27 -- 90 degree elbow in a ductwork
line and it will be a plugged up air ductand no air will move through
it.

TURTLE

I don't think that's how the math works.