Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Cement Board Underlayment Question

Mak Wilson wrote:
I busted it up something awful. Even if I had wanted to save it, I
don't know how I would have gotten it down the steps or even through
the door. I put the pieces in 4 or 5 heavy duty garbage bags and the
garbage man refused to take them because they were too heavy. Anyway,
I have another tub in the downstairs bathroom that's exactly the same
but still totally in use. I can't imagine what the cost would be to
ship something like that.

Crasigslist - they come get it.

Those cast iron tubs are damn heavy, huh? A 5' one weighs about 300#,
yet one guy brings it up the stairs. It's the easiest way, believe it
or not...just not necessarily the safest! First time I saw that I was
flabbergasted.