Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

David Maynard wrote:

John Doe wrote:

David Maynard nospam private.net wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Mxsmanic mxsmanic gmail.com wrote:

John Doe writes:

The real reason it remains the dominant operating system, as
has been explained many times before, is because of network
effects and a positive feedback loop.

If that is the real reason, then it cannot be a result of
anything that Microsoft has done.

All Microsoft had to do was sell Windows and allow pirates to
steal it.

ROTFLOL

Just a troll.

Which, even if true, doesn't alter the fact that your post was one
of the most hilarious things I've seen in a long time,

Or maybe it's the hard drugs you are using.

David Maynard wrote:
"The Netscape matter is interesting because they began by giving
their browser away..."

David Maynard conveniently forgets his own writing less than 24
hours old.

Didn't forget a thing, pal.

Obviously you did.

Assuming David Maynard's claim is true (is anything he says fact
and not just agreement with his personal opinion?) about
Netscape giving Navigator away is true, it is no different than
allowing pirates to steal Windows and later putting the squeeze
on us (think Windows Product Activation WPA).

Microsoft never did such a thing. Netscape did.

How's that for a 'difference', eh?

I think you have it backwards. Netscape began giving navigator away
after Microsoft began pushing navigator out of the market. That loss
was approximately 17% of Netscape's income.