Posted to alt.home.repair
margarita

Default Heat pump inside unit doesn't always start

There is a possibility of the suction line melting the wire insulation if
the indoor airflow becomes reduced or non-existent due to a system fault.

exactly the reason that you should not do this

but not sure about the dufus that ran a low voltage line up against a hot
liquid line when the unit was installed

This is standard practice.

Oh I would agree with you there, a lot of bad procedures are "standard
practice" among neanderthal HVAC techs. If I was in charge of the
licensing, about 90% of current techs would not be able to qualify and buy
refrigerant, the first thing they would have to do is pass a college level
course on basic thermodynamics, so they would have a ****ING CLUE how the
damn A/C system works!

unbelievable the lack of basic knowledge of the average HVAC goon