Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,sci.electronics.repair
Peter

Default WD External hard disk failure...

The adapter I have can be customized to different input volts and
different outputs with a variety of heads (pins). Like in the sense if
I want to use it to charge my camera, I just need to set the right
input/output combination and change the head of the pin which matches
to the camera input. But everytime you have check the polarity, and
accordingly set it in the adapter head.

The data is valuable to me, lots of my previous work files and I dont
have a backup for all of them.

Seek professional data recovery, or at least find a person experienced in
this type of work.

Its something like this except I have a variety of heads..
http://www.expansys.com/zoompic.asp?...em&code=117286

Did it come with external disk? Strange...