Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Chinese Oak plywood at Home Despot???

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

FWIW I have had expensive plywood delaminate before also or should I say
that it was not laminated properly to start with as it separated as soon as
I cut it.

Over the years the same thing has happened to me a few times. That kinda
thing should be caught by QA/QC... but it doesn't always happen.
The distributor would always replace it and add a nice discount on the
next order.

I haven't seen the Chinese plywood yet, but I wonder if they're going to
be held by the same codes/standards as the North American manufacturers.
What are they allowed to use in their adhesives?

I just can't get my head around the whole idea of plywood being shipped
from China and retailing for same/less money than our stuff.

That's just nuts.