Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Austin Shackles

Default Colchester Student Mk 1 - some questions

On or around Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:05:34 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson"
enlightened us thusly:

Austin,

No problem reversing the Student - the L0 fitting is ok for reversing
due to the key on the taper. There is a Yahoo group for Colchester
Lathes http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Colche...-User/messages -
you have to register, and the moderator is sometimes rather slow doing
his bit but lots of useful information.

ps have you escaped from the Landrover list !!!!

hehe. Nah, I'm still there as well.

I'll have a hunt for a suitable DPDT switch. Luckily, we're on single phase
here so it's not too many connections to shunt around to reverse it.

All it needs then is a decent sized motor. Currently has a 1.5HP, which is
not really enough - ISTR the student originally had a 3HP motor.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost (1874-1963) from Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening