Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house,misc.rural

Default Woodstove "taco" fire builder!

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:04:57 -0700, someone wrote:

One day I'm going to buy or build some sort of hydraulic press to compress
the wax/sawdust mixture into a much more compact log than I can with just
putting it into a 2x4 wood frame and mashing it down with a trowel. Being
able to compress it tighter cuts down on the amount of wax needed.

And you're doing all this WHY?

Well seeing that this is posted to a "frugal" group as well as where I
saw it, that explains your obsession - but I still think it's WAY more
trouble than its worth. Collecting old candles from people, building
a press, what a lot of work to make one log.