Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Plumbing Charge

I had a plumber come for a bid to replace some pipe on a main in the
basement, he came out in his Eddie Bauer "Bid clothes", he opened his 3"
"Bible" bid book to find the price and found it " Replacing incomming
supplys" and said "see here we will do it for 275" I said see here , you
are going to look at a dam book to quote me 1 hrs work, Get Lost. He
said " but it in the book its fair" I said BS, yur gone. I got it done
by another plumber for 80. Just like auto repair "bid books" plumber
have that crap to. They are for the idiots that never did the job but
need to price " fairly" yea fair is the key word, fair to them, not the
consumer.