Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Plumbing Charge

yourname wrote:

I would say that if plumbers are getting 90 bucks an hour, there will
soon be many more plumbers in the area.

Actually, they're having trouble getting qualified help, and there are
a fair number of established companies already. Most of the kids
growing up around here dream of working in the financial markets and
having people hand them large bags of cash without having to do much in
the way of earning it.

I imagine that they have one of those flat rate pricing policies, which
I don't completely understand, but usually I think it means that had it
taken him 6 hrs because of unforseen issues, it would still have been 285.

I know of no plumbing company that would do that. You'd alienate
people when it didn't take "enough" time, and you'd end up doing the
other jobs for free. Not a good business model.