Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default Sony KP-41T15 - Focusing Lens?

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:11:14 -0600, "Bruce H"
wrote:

Questions: Does any one know where I can find a replacement focusing lens?
Is there a recommended supplier of CRT optical coolant other than MCM or
have you had no problems with their coolant?

Side question: Do you have a preferred supplier for replacement CRT guns?
If so, where?

Bruce Haugh
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

A few scratches on the lens shouldn't be noticeable. If you do need a
new one, it's part number 4-034-057-01 for the red or blue and
4-034-057-11 for the green.

I've never had any trouble with the MCM coolant and it's by far the
cheapest. Wash out all the old coolant before refilling because they
don't always react well to mixing.

Be sure you repair the seal well because if it ever leaks it can cause
lots of damage to the TV. I'm not sure if replacement seals are
available from sony because they aren't listed in the service manual.
Make sure all traces of spilled coolant are washed off the boards
because it doesn't evaporate and it will cause shorts eventually.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005