Martin Angove

Default Home Building and Renovating show at Wembley 12-14th Sept

In message ,
"IMM" wrote:

"Martin Angove" wrote in message

If you fancy a seminar, get to the show as early as possible and book
your seat immediately - by elevenses they will all have gone. If David
Snell is giving a talk by all means go.

David Snell? What is he on about?

David Snell seems to do a couple of seminars at practically every H&R
show I've seen advertised. There may well be other people worth seeing,
but since they're less regular I can't say.

David is the (co) author of such as the "red book" and the "blue book"
(at least that's what we call them) otherwise known as "Building Your
Own Home" (Murray Armour, but DS is now in charge) and "The Home Plans
Book" (likewise). If you are starting down the self-build route then he
has a wealth of knowledge to impart, particularly about finding plots
and getting planning. He writes regularly in H&R, and sometimes in the
other magazines I think.

Just thought - if Mark Brinkley is speaking, that's another definite
visit. He's the author of the "orange book" ("The Housebuilder's
Bible"). He often has a stand at the shows too, selling the book and
several other items of interest.

Hwyl!

M.

--