Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox

Default Amazing kickback!

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:31:28 -0600, "woodstuff"
wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message:

With a proper push block, you could have cut them all day long with no

snip
a push block would be better than nothing and it should be adequate,
but.......

I don't use push blocks, but rather a stick (round or square, about 1"x1")
with a nail in the end works better than anything on the planet. Drive a #6
or #8 casing nail into one end and sharpen the nail with a grinder or file.
About 1" should be sticking out. This will give you control to push the
workpiece toward the fence and away. Any small hole made by the device
will be unnoticeable and can be easily filled if desired. Also it is good
to taper the end where the nail is, a little bit.

I dip the ends of pushblocks in a "non-slip" paint intended for marine
applications. It's cheap and gives a better grip than wood-wood.

Barry Lennox