Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hamie

Default Ripple Control - why not in the UK?

Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Pretty much spot on. Having lived in NZ - Christchurch for the last 13
months, it would appear that all the Kiwi heating stems from two inputs
- electricity or coal/wood.

They have natural gas. Rinnai sell well in NZ

North Island only. Christchurch USED to have coal gas, but that was
ripped out more than 20 years ago. My grandmother had to learn to cook
all over again. It was her first electric cooker when they lost it.

The SI only has Propane cylinders, and last time I was there they were
pretty rare. (It has to be shipped in from the NI).

BTW Rinnai are NICE units. I used to have a Rinnai 24L demand heater
(Hot water). 24l/minute to 60deg C. Dual controls (Kitchen & Bathroom)
for selecting the temperature. Changable on the fly. Want a shower? Dial
42 & turn on the hot tap. (Beginning to wonder why I left. Oh yes, the
weather

Oh. Our heating was also a Rinnai. But radiators I've never seen outside
of a school in NZ... And that was oil fired to heat the water...