Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Wood

Default Boiler Spark Generator

Sorry I did not give enough info. I am a bit new to this.
My boiler is a gas condensing type. I have earthed the Generator to the
water supply pipes. I have wired the boiler to a 13 amp plug (fitted with a
3amp fuse) and plugged this into the generator. When I plug the boiler back
into the mains it starts first time. The Generator is a Kipor KGE1300Tc
digital convertor generator. Will have a mess around with the earth supply.
Thanks for all the replys so far.

Mark

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
My system works happily off a 300 watt invertor and car battery. I'd
doubt any domestic system needs 1.3 kW.

Mine uses about 300W to run, blower and both pumps. The blower may
require up to 500W to start (3 x 150W). I get the impression that the
OP's system is oil not gas so the spark is a little bit more pokey but
I wouldn't expect its load to be anything like the startup umph
required by the blower...

Ah - didn't pick up that it might be oil.

--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.