Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Default Decorative box extentions

yes it does have a taper.
Mike
"John Gilmer" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
news
Leviton makes a single gang white plastic extension ring. They are

about
$6.00 at Home Depot. I used it in my bathroom and it works and looks

fine.\

Does it have a "taper" on the outside to sort of blend into the wall?

(I was in HD, not one of the super BIG stores however, and I didn't see

what
I was looking for. I did pick up some plastic extentions that are meant,

suppose, to build up when covering a wall with another layer of
plasterboard.)

Mike

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
. com...
John Gilmer wrote:
Hi:

I want to put some GFCIs in place of regular duplex outlets.

Because
the
GFCI is about twice the thickness and somewhat wider then the outlet

it
replaces, I know from past experience it will be a PITA to get the

new
outlet and the wires back into place.

Extension "rings" will do the job but they look like sh*t.

Does "someone" make an extension ring that tapers out that I could

paint
match the wall but would give me 1/2 to 3/4" more wiring room?

Thanks

The Wiremold "starter" or extension boxes are useful
for this app.
http://doityourself.com/store/9558792.htm
I believe they make a plastic one as well as
the traditional steel.
Jim