Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

Mxsmanic wrote:

John Doe writes:

You speak with words your audience can understand, if you have
the mental capacity to do so.

I speak with words I understand, as I obviously cannot speak with
words I do not understand.

Do you always speak loudly as possible? That makes about as much
sense.

There is no connection between my mental
capacity and the vocabularies of others.

Mental capacity has something to do with your ability/inability to
adapt.

You must have thought you knew, since you were talking about it.

No, I was not.

You were, like in this message.
You suggested Gary H has a limited vocabulary.

A good writer knows his audience and speaks appropriately. He
should know how to step down his vocabulary and maybe use more
words in the process, as needed.

USENET is not a novel.

I wasn't referring to USENET as a novel. The same practice applies
to all different forums.

People express themselves as they naturally do, without
deliberately adjusting their levels for specific individuals.

If they are skilled or going by their instincts, they do so
automatically. At leastr people where I come from do.

Have you ever had kids?