Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default HD Panel Saw: How precise, and where is the source(s) of accumulated error(s)

"bent" wrote in message

I love talking to any employee and determining if you'll have to reverse
engineer your project when some guy sets your cut once on the wrong line.

After a long discussion you ask, and he says no problem. So he
takes the first cut, lays out the tape measure and
exclaims PERFECT. Perfectly closer to the next closest line. Thats a
buck.

Wow, you've put a lot of time trying to correct the uncorrectable. I'd no
sooner rely on the HD "associate" to cut my lumber that I would have him do
brain surgery. Even if the cut happened to be on the mark, the resulting
finish is too splintered to be of any use.

HD does not guarantee the accuracy of their cuts, nor do I expect them to.
I'm not about to turn over control of my $60 sheet of plywood to a guy that
may have used a tape measure for the first time that day. Your money, do as
you wish.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/