Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default Here's one for the telephone guys

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...
Charlie Bress wrote:
They advised unplugging all the phones but one and add them back one at
time. Lousy idea. it is hard to prove a negative.

Actually, in this case, it would be an absolutely excellent idea.

Excellent you say? I think not. How can I tell if anyone ever calls?

If all the phones are unplugged and nothing ever rings, nobody calls or
maybe they do. How can I tell?

They didn't say to unplug all the phones. They said to unplug all the
phones EXCEPT ONE.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Actually you are right. But if they think it is a defective phone causing
the problem, which one should I select to use as a "gold" standard?

Any way, I just had a line test run and it confirms a problem with the line.
I submitted a repair request implicating the surge protectors. That is the
diagnosis that makes technical sense.

Charlie