Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

Default Boiler Spark Generator

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:58:27 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

However the boiler will not ignite. I am thinking this is due to
the spark generator requiring a large instantaneous current.

My system works happily off a 300 watt invertor and car battery. I'd
doubt any domestic system needs 1.3 kW.

Mine uses about 300W to run, blower and both pumps. The blower may
require up to 500W to start (3 x 150W). I get the impression that the
OP's system is oil not gas so the spark is a little bit more pokey but
I wouldn't expect its load to be anything like the startup umph
required by the blower...

More likely is the boiler isn't being fed from the generator
correctly, either it's not actually getting power on it's mains input
or it doesn't like a floating supply. Pay attention to generator
chassis, real earth (as in a user provided earth spike) and bonding
between them and one of the generator phases, aka "neutral". If you
don't understand this read up first, plenty of threads in here about
generators and feeding houses.

Another possibilty is the electronics not liking the wave form from
the generator but I put that below the above as a possibilty.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail