Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Wood species to use in project

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...
Poplar would probably be a good choice but most woods are stable once
completely dried, especially once sealed with paint.

Huh? Wood is constantly moving. Not taking that into consideration
when building is asking for trouble.

Wood like any material (even metal) is subject to thermal expansion but
sealed dried wood (excepting defects like knots and checks) should not warp
or split just sitting in a typical indoor setting.

By stable I did not mean "perfect and dimentionally unchanging" I mean it
is unlikely to split, warp, check or crack. Sure any piece of wood can have
a hidden defect but afterall, I was generalizing