Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Wood species to use in project

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I'm looking to build a room divider 6 feet high by 18 inches wide,
using 1 inch by 1 inch wood. The plan is to paint the frame white, and
fill in the frame with wallpaper. Can anyone recommend a good wood
species that will stay true and not warp over time?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Instead of wood, consider MDF since it will be painted. Compared to wood,
MDF is very stable dimensionally. Plywood is a good choice aside from the
edges. I don't know that it will fit your design.

Any properly dried wood will be reasonably stable, but all wood moves with
changes in temperature and humidity. For paint, pine and poplar are often
used as they are reasonable in price.
Ed