Posted to rec.woodworking
nospambob

Default Metal Building vs. Framed Workshop

Might find some advice in alt.home.repair also.

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:00:53 -0700, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

Hiya folks,
Getting the gears going regarding building a shop next year. I'm looking
at something in the 900 to 1000 SF range. Aside from the cost of concrete,
which is cheaper---going with a metal building (prefab) or conventional
framing? I would do all the work myself regardless of which one I went
with so am just curious to know from any contractors out there. I would
probably forego the walls on a metal building as I will more than likely
frame and stucco (or maybe use adobe) them myself. Thanks very much for
any advice.
Cheers,
cc