Posted to rec.woodworking
Marc

Default Convert Bi-Fold Doors to Small French Doors

Hi There,

I've received my custom order Bi-Fold doors which I was planning on
hanging like french doors with 2 hinges on the outside edge of each
doors. I've mortised the doors and the jambs to mount the hinges and I
am now trying to figure how much space to allow around the doors for
them to open and close properly. I was thinking:

1/8" for the Top
1/4" for the Bottom
1/16" X 2 for both hinge side
1/8" for the middle where the 2 doors meet.

I know I will probably have to bevel the back inside edge of each door
so that they open without rubbing each other. How much of a bevel will
I need? How can I figure this out?

Thanks

Marc