Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Boiler Spark Generator

In message , Mark
Wood writes
Hi
I have bought a 1300 watt generator to power my central heating during power
cuts. However the boiler will not ignite. I am thinking this is due to the
spark generator requiring a large instantaneous current. The thing is the
boilers internal fuse is 2amp and the connection to the mains has a 3 amp
fuse. The generator is rated 3.7 amp. Have I bought in insufficiently
powerful generator? Is there anything I can do?

I'll give you a tenner for the genny

you've not really given much useful info, have you

my guess is that you're getting no flame sensing because you haven't
earthed it properly

--
geoff