Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

Default GMB Union

The message ews.net
from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

I don't live in Leeds. I live within commuting distance of there should
I wish to work.

That is even worse.

And I am quite happy with the situation.

I'm glad it's you that live there and not me.

So am I. :-)

Extensive views of not all
together ruined countryside.

All that fog too.

That's the Vale of York. The Aire Valley sometimes fills with fog but I
am above that most of the time.

Surrounded on 3 sides by farmland

Roger, the smell! You have my sympathy.

Oh you mean the sewage works. That's out of sight over half a mile away
and usually downwind.

and with
my nearest neighbour 50 yards away.

They must want the likes of you further away.

Don't judge my neighbours on the basis of your neighbours reaction to you.

But rural life wouldn't appeal to
you,

I do have a house in rural type of location.

Shed on the local allotment?

The countryside is there to be built on, not
enjoyed.

It is there to serve the peopel Roger. If that mean building a nice
house on
it then so be it. Enjoy the country Roger? You are naive.

Building houses tends to ruin the countryside. Unrestricted devlopment
would certainly ruin it for all concerned.

"The vast majority of the British people have no right whatsoever to their
native land save to walk the streets or trudge the roads" - Henry George.

Never trust a Yank, not even a long dead one, to be objective about the UK.

--
Roger Chapman